Frequently Asked Questions
Do you use antibiotics?
- We only use antibiotics if absolutely necessary to treat a very sick animal. It's our goal to avoid any treatment if possible. In the last 3 years, we have not had to treat an animal that was being fed to be harvested. We also keep our animals hormone free.
Where are your animals harvested?
- Currently our animals are harvested at 2 different lockers: Chenoa Locker in Chenoa, IL and Farmhouse Meat Co. in Carthage, IL. Both facilities are USDA approved.
How are your products packaged?
- Products are either paper wrapped or vacuum sealed. Shipping will be in insulated boxes with dry ice and weigh 10 pounds or less.
What do your animals eat?
- Steers are fed a corn based complete feed ration. Also included in the ration are oats and protein. Free choice hay is offered at certain points in the growth cycle of the animal. Hogs are fed a complete feed corn meal based ration.
Do you offer local delivery?
- Yes! Local deliveries are offered on Mondays. Other days can be offered upon request. If you live within 30 miles of Berwick, IL, be sure to use code "LOCAL20" for 20% off your purchase at checkout!
When do you ship product?
- We ship our meat on Tuesdays to allow for delivery before the weekend to ensure your product arrives in good condition and in a timely fashion.
Have more questions? Contact Dan by calling 309-337-6738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.